DRUID HILLS RESIDENTS!
Come Out to Support the FERNBANK SCHOOL GREEN CAMPUS PROPOSAL*
CHEAPER, FASTER, GREENER
1. Increases playground greenspace to meet county standard of two acres per 900 students.
2. Preserves old growth forested areas.
3. Relocates the building on campus, eliminating unnecessary, costly, time-consuming earthwork & huge, unsafe retaining walls.
The Green Campus Proposal
• Uses the prototype building
• Exceeds or stays within county school construction guidelines
• Costs less money and time to complete
*Formerly “Fernbank Alternative Design.”
View the Green Campus Proposal here!
The DHCA urges you to support the Green Campus Proposal at two upcoming meetings:
• SPLOST IV Meeting:
Thursday, January 23, 6pm, Sam Moss Service Center, 1780 Montreal Road, Tucker.
• The Fernbank School Council and PTA Meeting:
Tuesday, January 28, 7pm, Fernbank Elementary cafeteria, 3131 Old Rockbridge Road, Avondale Estates. Representatives of the DeKalb County School District will provide an update on the construction of the new Fernbank Elementary School. Childcare for school-aged children and pizza for the kids will be provided courtesy of Fernbank aftercare and the Fernbank Foundation.