Druid Hills Artist Market – Artist Information
All booths are filled for the 2012 Artist Market. Check back in the Fall of 2012 for applications for the 2013 Market.
The Druid Hills Artist Market makes every effort for your participation to be both pleasant and profitable. The Druid Hills Market is a juried market. We ask that on the application form you designate your first, second, and third booth choices. We will make every effort to make sure you get your desired site. A $15.00 non-refundable registration fee is required with the application for new artists who have not participated previously in the Druid Hills Artist Market. A $100.00 booth fee deposit is required with the application for ALL artists. This fee will be refunded immediately after the March 1 acceptance date if not accepted into the Market.
Exhibited works must be the artist’s original work. Prints and giclees are allowed if clearly noted as such. Photos submitted MUST be representative of what will be available at the market. The Artist Market committee reserves the right to refuse artist setup if works presented at setup are not acceptable.
Artist attendance or a substitute of your choosing to man your booth and make sales is required for all hours of the market including the Thursday, April 19, opening reception from 6:00 to 8:30 PM.
The Opening Reception serving beverages and hors d’oeuvres is primarily for residents in the Druid Hills neighborhood. Participating artists may invite a maximum of 4 guests who are unable to attend the market during regular market hours.
Market setup will be Thursday, April 19 beginning at 10:00 AM and must be completed by 5:00 PM prior to the opening reception beginning at 6:00 PM. Parking is conveniently located in the adjacent church lot.
Market break down will begin promptly at 5:00 PM at the close of the market on Sunday, April 22.
- Billed as The Druid Hills Home and Garden Tour & Artist Market, the Market is listed in all major magazine, city newspaper, and neighborhood newspaper calendars.
- Artist Market posters and hundreds of counter cards with our unique Druid Hills Artist Market logo are placed along with the Home and Garden Tour materials in businesses, hotels, real estate offices, and other prominent spots throughout the city.
- The Market is especially well advertised in the Druid Hills News quarterly newspaper mailed to the 4,000 households in the Druid Hills neighborhood.
- A large banner announcing the Home and Garden Tour & Artist Market is placed prior to and during the weekend of the event in the Olmsted Parks, highly visible to traffic on Ponce de Leon Avenue.
- An additional large banner with “Artist Market Here Today” is prominently placed in front of the Market location at St. John’s Lutheran Church directly on Ponce de Leon Avenue throughout the weekend.
- An email with the Artist Market poster in the body of the email (not as an attachment) will be sent to all participating artists to which you may add your personal message and forward to your mailing lists.
- A limited amount of counter cards with the Artist Market logo and information can be mailed to participating artists if requested on the application form. Duplicates may be made at the artist’s own expense if additional mailings are desired.
- Every effort is made to get additional coverage with photos of the Druid Hills Home and Garden Tour & Artist Market in the AJC the week preceding the event as well as radio and TV coverage on local stations.
Attendance -The Artist Market draws from the Home and Garden Tour attendance and many come for the market alone. Home and Garden Tour attendance has in the past been 4,000 plus. Our Artist Market is growing in popularity due to our commitment to high caliber art, varying artists and mediums, and being presented in a unique, indoor location.
Security – Every reasonable effort is made for the security of artists’ works with the on-site security system and private neighborhood police patrol during daytime and after market hours throughout the weekend. A release for responsibility by the Druid Hills Civic Association and St. John’s Lutheran Church for artists’ works must be signed by artists at check in.
Booth Sizes and Pricing – The Artist Market is on the first floor of the historic Stonehenge Mansion, now St. John’s Lutheran Church. Outdoor booths are available in the church courtyard adjacent to the main entrance. The setting is exquisite, adding to the flavor of the market. Some rooms allow for booth spaces with even, rectangular or square measurements. Other rooms require irregular spaces working around fireplaces and other architectural elements. This makes possible several different size spaces at several price levels for different size and type artist inventories and different budgets. Prices for booth spaces reflect the square footage of the space (including vertical space for flat panels), the length of hours of the market for sales over 2 ½ days plus the two hour additional opening reception. Additional advantages of the elegant, indoor setting are the elimination of poor attendance due to weather and offering protection for high caliber art.
* Shared Booth for 2 artists is an additional $35
* For three or more artists is additional $50
Indoor Booth Specifications
Vertical space indicates space for flat panels or shelves within a booth space to a maximum height of 10 feet. No indoor tents. Tables in booths must be covered to the floor.
Outdoor Booth Specifications and Details
Several outdoor booths are available in the church courtyard adjacent to the main entrance. All booths are 10′ x 10′ at a reduced cost from the indoor 10′ x 10′ spaces. Cost reduction reflects the following requirements for outdoor spaces.
- Artist must provide own white, 10′ x 10′ tent with sidewalls in case of inclement weather.
- Tents may remain overnight, but all artwork must be taken down and set up daily as there is no overnight security outdoors. Space inside the church with security is available to store art overnight. Display panels and artwork in tents may remain outdoors overnight at artists’ own risk.
- Outdoor spot lighting for Opening Reception evening is provided as well as electricity for Market days.
The Druid Hills Market is a juried show, however, some priority is placed on the order in which applications are received. Applying early can be to your advantage when choosing between artists of equal caliber. Application Deadline – Application deadline is Monday, February 20, 2012. Acceptance status will be emailed by Tuesday, March 6, 2012 including instructions for payment of booth fee balance. You can apply either online or by mail by choosing one of the two options below. Thank you for your application and interest in the Druid Hills Artist Market!
Please direct any questions to email@example.com
© Druid Hills Home & Garden Tour & Artist Market
Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org